In recognition of dedicated service to the information security community and support of the mission of Information Security Summit, ISS has created two awards to recognize those individuals who have:
- actively supported the goals and mission of ISS;
- actively promoted collaboration among the various professional organizations dedicated to protecting and preserving their organization’s business assets;
- made significant contributions to the goals of the industry whether in talent, product development or invention; and
- demonstrated exemplary leadership in the profession and contribution to those entering the profession.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Guardian Award
For Lifetime Contribution to the Information Security Industry
This award is in recognition of an individual who has spent a major portion of their career in the information security field, has made significant contributions to the goals of the industry and has displayed exemplary leadership in the profession and contribution to those entering the profession. The recipient of this award should be an individual who has demonstrated a commitment to making improvements in the security field through education, practice and implementation.
The Sentry of the Year Award
For Security Industry Impact and Innovation Throughout The Last Year
This award is in recognition of an individual who has made a significant and impactful contribution of talent, time, product or process in the past year. The recipient of this award should have distinguished themselves for successfully implementing and/or managing the implementation or a component of a security program. Candidates in this category will have significantly contributed to the enhancement of the information security workforce by demonstrating a leadership role in any information security workforce improvement initiative, program or project. Candidates in this category typically should have work experience directly related to information security or risk management.